Hola, BARCELONA

Thursday 1 September 2016

You can never go wrong with spending your summer under the Spanish sunshine and Barcelona was the one.


Here's a panoramic view of Barcelona from the National Art Museum of Catalunya.


When you go to Barcelona, the most mentioned name is Antoni Gaudi. This is because he designed nearly all of the buildings you see in Barcelona. To name a few: Park Guell, Casa Batllo, and the most well-known Sagrada Familia.


One of the best places I have been to - Park Guell. The place is so pretty and because it is VERY uphill (one of the challenges going to this place), you are able to see Barcelona from up high.


Park Guell looks like a gingerbread man's house. It gets so hot at noon since this place barely has any shade so it is better to go around 4PM.

Casa Batllo (ctto)

So I haven't been inside because we had no time plus there's an entrance fee (LOL) and only outside but I did not have a chance to take a picture. But this place looked amazing outside, especially at night when it lights up with different colours. It is worth passing through if you don't wanna go in because it is situated along the road where some shopping stores are located. So while doing some shopping, don't forget to snap a shot.


With my lovely but annoying sisters in front of Sagrada Familia, which has been under construction since 1882 and is expected to be completed in 2026-2028. I will definitely comeback here after its completion.


Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya
This place is not just an art museum, the museum is the art!


Placa de Catalunya
Pigeons. Pigeons everywhere. Also a very picturesque. This is like the centre where 98% of people are tourists. Tour buses starts and terminates here - basically stop number 1 in your tourist bus map. The area is in a shape of a circle and it connects different roads.

Barcelona got their own Arc de Triomphe but with an "F" so Arc de Triomf. (BELOW)




Don't forget to visit the beach too! Since I am not a beach person, I just popped there to chill and ride a bike along the shore. I was too scared of dipping in the water in 30°C and get a sunburn. At night and in some days in the summer, they do beach parties.


It was a short holiday and hopefully, I could go back again and explore the city more.

9 comments

  1. I just love all of your beautiful pictures. Definitely encourages me to take a trip to Barcelona!
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful and incredible experience. Enjoy it while you are young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its looks amazing! Just over the pond for me, so I guess I know where I am going on my next holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barcelona looks so beautiful!! It looks like you had a really great time!! Can't wait to visit Barcelona. Any tips??

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a lovely and interesting post!! hope you had an amazing time in Barcelona :)

    <3 Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. you and your sisters are beautz!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos love your outfits! I'm going to Barcelona in August this year can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pictures! I haven't been to Barcelona yet, but I think I should add it to my travel bucket list!
    -Elizabeth
    confidentlyelegant.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© CHEZCAPADES. Design by FCD.